Kimberly G. Castner, MSN, APRN, NP-C
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse focused on improving the quality of care of diverse patient populations. Provides patients and families with education to make informed decisions regarding their healthcare. Possesses knowledge related to complex conditions, as well as common disorders seen in various settings. Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills. Dedicated to creating a community that promotes wellness. Integrates compassion, ethical values, and evidence-based care into practice.
|June 2017- Dec 2018
Master of Science in Nursing – Chamberlain University
- Family Nurse Practitioner Specialty Track
| May 2014- June 2016
||Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Chamberlain University
|June 2004 - June 2006
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing – Medical Careers Institute
Licensure, Certification & Training
[FNP-BC] Family Nurse Practitioner, Board Certified – AANP
[APRN] Advanced Practice Registered Nurse – State of FL (License #APRN11001386)
[DEA REGISTRATION NUMBER] MC6090372
[ACLS] Advanced Cardiac Life Support – American Heart Association
[BLS] Basic Life Support – American Heart Association
NP Skills include:
- Critical Thinking — Able to clearly identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Able to recognize the complexity of situations quickly to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Service Orientation — Thoughtful, compassionate, and loyal to patients, families, and the healthcare profession.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Able to consider the costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Brevard Orthopaedic Spine & Pain Clinic, Inc., DBA The B.A.C.K. Center – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Melbourne, FL) Junes 2021 – Present
- APRN in multi-disciplinary center, both office based and hospital based care for spine patients with some emphasis in general orthopaedics, and in pain rehabilitation medicine.
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Hospitalist/Intensivist – P AND A HOSPITALIST SOLUTIONS INC. (Melbourne, FL) July 2020-Present
- Coordinates care for inpatients; performs physical exams, orders tests and treatments, prescribes medications, provides patient/family teaching, and follow-up to the plan of care.
- Responsible for the care of patients in ICU, including those with cardiac arrest, shock, respiratory failure, multiple organ failure, sepsis, stroke, and brain injury.
- Performing procedures such as intubation, placement of central lines, assisting with bronchoscopy, and chest tube insertion.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse – Florida Pain Management, Dr. Harold Cordner (Sebastian, FL) February 2019 – June 2020
- Provided culturally competent care to diverse patient population.
- Integrated compassion, knowledge, and skills into the plan of care to deliver individualized care.
- Incorporated standards of care into practice to promote optimal outcomes.
Registered Nurse, Pre-OP/OR/PACU – Florida Pain Management, Dr. Harold Cordner (Sebastian, FL) June 2017 – January 2018
- Demonstrated expertise in providing care to patients in the surgical setting, including administering medications, assisting with procedures, maintaining patient safety, and ensuring accurate documentation.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
Registered Nurse, Cardiology – Cleveland Clinic (Weston, FL) June 2016 – June 2017
- Demonstrated proven ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated a high standard of moral and ethical behavior.
- Educated patients regarding their disease, treatments, and related drug and treatment side effects.
Registered Nurse, Interventional Radiology – Jackson Memorial Hospital (Miami, FL) June 2015 – June 2016
- Administered conscious sedation while monitoring patient’s cardiac rhythm and other vital signs as part of invasive and non-invasive IR procedures.
- Facilitated post-procedural patient recovery.
- Documented assessment, interventions, medications, patient responses and treatment changes.
Registered Nurse, ICU – Stafford Hospital (Stafford, VA) June 2013 – May 2015
- Demonstrated expertise in working autonomously to provide care to critically ill patients.
- Demonstrated expertise at organizing and prioritizing work under pressure.
- Facilitated communication among staff, patient, and family.
Registered Nurse, Case Manager – Bayada Home Health Care (Williamsburg, VA) January 2011 – June 2013
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing the plan of care.
- Provided educational lectures on nutrition, disease process and management, and treatment options.
- Received distinction for leading the company with the least amount of hospital readmissions, as a result of patient education, f/u phone calls, and customized treatment plans.
Registered Nurse, ADON – Consulate Healthcare (Williamsburg, VA) June 2010 – January 2011
- Demonstrated effective leadership through employee recognition, providing educational opportunities, and counseling.
- Managed the nursing staff and implemented policies and procedures.
- Supervised the delivery of culturally competent care through effective coordination and collaboration.
Registered Nurse – Personal Touch Home Care (Newport News, VA) December 2008-June 2010
Registered Nurse, ICU – Sentara Healthcare (Hampton, VA) August 2006 – June 2009
- Provided care in the context of promoting age and culture-appropriate informed choices and shared decision-making.
- Demonstrated decisive judgement and the ability to work autonomously in a stressful environment.
- Demonstrated the ability to work directly with staff, administration, patients, and families to ensure quality care across the healthcare continuum.
|October 2018 – Present
||American Association of Nurse Practitioners