Emily K. Finn, PA-C
Medical Licensure :
- Florida State Medical License PA9114368
- South Carolina State License PA3041
- NCCPA #1149763
|08/2013 - 05/2018
||Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester, NY)
Physician Assistant Bachelor of Science/Master of Science
Cumulative GPA: 3.83/4.00
Immersion in Psychology
Graduated May 2018
|4/2018 - 05/2018
||Cardiology: Highland Hospital, Rochester, NY
Preceptor: Courtney Shores, PA-C
- Involved in outpatient, inpatient, and intraoperative care. Conducted history and physical examinations for inpatient cardiology consults and outpatient visits. Observed procedures including TEE and cardioversion, exercise stress test, angioplasty, cardiac biopsy and TAVR. Participated in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac conditions to include atrial fibrillation, valvular heart disease, decompensated heart failure, and cardiomyopathy.
||Cardiology: Geriatrics: Aaron Manor Long Term Care and Rehabilitation Center, Fairport, NY, Preceptor: Randi LaRussa, RPA-C
- Used PointClickCare EMR system. Evaluated, diagnosed and treated geriatric long-term care residents for acute, chronic, and end-of-life issues. Performed weekly PT/INR interpretations for patients on Coumadin. Participated in weekly wound rounds involving treatment of pressure ulcers, arterial/venous insufficiency ulcers, bullous skin disorder and other dermatologic conditions. Cared for patients with Parkinsonism and various types of dementia.
|01/2018 - 02/2018
||Orthopedics: Interlakes Orthopaedic Surgery, P.C., Geneva, NY
Preceptor: Stephanie Ellis, PA-C
- Worked in outpatient, inpatient, and intraoperative capacity. Outpatient evaluation of acute and chronic orthopedic conditions. Conducted inpatient assessments post-operatively. Performed upper and lower extremity intraarticular injections. Second-assisted on spinal fusions and joint arthroplasties. Placed upper and lower extremity casts and splints. Interpreted radiographic images.
||Behavioral Health: Rochester Regional Health, St. Mary’s Campus, Rochester, NY, Preceptor: Dr. Nusrat Shafiq
- Participated in admission of patients to psychiatric inpatient service. Involved in multidisciplinary team rounds and helped coordinate patient care and discharge plans. Performed and documented mental status examinations. Involved in the treatment of patients with mood disorders, substance use disorders, schizophrenia spectrum disorders and other behavioral health conditions.
|11/2013 - 12/2013
||Emergency Medicine: Highland Hospital, Rochester, NY
Preceptor: Kariann Laba, PA-C
- Completed various procedures including peripheral IV placement, suturing, incision and drainage of abscesses, splinting and cast removal. Reduced a dislocated hip joint. Consulted with other medical services. Wrote orders for laboratory tests, imaging and medications. Interpreted laboratory results and imaging studies in an emergency setting. Participated in the work-up and management of patients with urgent and emergent chief complaints and acute conditions.
|10/2017 - 11/2017
||Family Medicine: Penn Fair Primary Care, Penfield, NY, Rochester, NY Preceptor: Jessica Martin (King), PA-C
- Managed acute and chronic diseases and promoted preventative medicine/health maintenance for patients of all ages. Performed and documented comprehensive history and physicals. Took vital signs, interpreted electrocardiograms. Performed routine genitorectal examination for male and female patients. Participated in treatment of patients with conditions like asthma exacerbations, upper respiratory infections, hypertension, diabetes mellitus, anxiety and depression.
|09/2017 - 10/2017
||General Medicine: United Memorial Medical Center, Batavia, NY
Preceptor: Dr. Peter Janes and Deb Conrad, PA-C
- Used Meditech EMR system. Admitted patients for inpatient treatment. Rounded on patients in intensive care unit. Documented comprehensive discharge summaries. Participated in multidisciplinary team rounds and helped coordinate patient care. Involved in the treatment of patients with decompensated heart failure, pneumonia, pancreatitis, diabetic ketoacidosis and other common conditions requiring inpatient medical management.
|07/2017 - 08/2017
||Obstetrics and Gynecology: Rochester General Hospital/ Women’s Center, Alexander Park Women’s Health Center, Preceptor: Dr. Rehan Asif and Kathryn Burroughs, PA-C
- Evaluated a diverse patient population for obstetric and gynecologic care. Participated in visits for annual gynecologic exams, acute gynecologic conditions, routine prenatal care and high-risk prenatal care. Performed pelvic exams, cervical and vaginal swabs, Pap smears. Measured fundal height and used Doppler ultrasound to assess fetal heart tones. Actively participated in multiple vaginal deliveries, cesarean sections and gynecologic procedures. Counseled patients on contraceptive options.
|06/2017 - 07/2017
||General Surgery: Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, NY
Preceptor: Ryan Hand, PA-C
- Used Epic EMR system. First assisted and scrubbed in for numerous general surgeries, including laparoscopic procedures and procedures utilizing a da Vinci system. Procedures included cholecystectomies, appendectomies, inguinal and umbilical hernia repairs, excision of lipomas, carpal tunnel releases, lumpectomies, mastectomies, fistulotomies, thyroidectomies, exploratory laparotomies and prostatectomies. Performed intraoperative procedures including suturing, intradermal injections, placing Foley catheters. Wrote daily progress notes on pre-operative and post-operative patients. Actively involved in admitting patients to surgical service.
|05/2017 - 06/2017
||Pediatrics: Westside Pediatrics, Rochester, NY
Preceptor: Dr. Michael Green
- Used Medent EMR System. Managed acute and chronic conditions and promoted preventative medicine/health maintenance in the pediatric population. Performed newborn, child and adolescent routine/annual physical examinations. Performed tasks including taking vital signs, visual testing with Snellen chart, auditory testing, intramuscular injections, rapid strep swabbing and interpretation, and interpreting urinalysis. Took part in medical and behavioral health diagnosis and treatment in a pediatric
||Brevard Orthopaedic Spine & Pain Clinic, Inc., DBA The B.A.C.K. Center, Melbourne, FL
- Physician Assistant in multi-disciplinary center, both office based and hospital based care for spine patients with some emphasis in general orthopaedics, and pain-rehabilitation medicine.
|11/2018 - 04/2021
||Southeastern Spine Institute, Mount Pleasant, SC
Supervising Physician: Dr. G.R. Richardson
- Use Exscribe and Cerner electronic medical record systems. Perform telemedicine and in-office visits for conservative care and pain management teams. Evaluate, diagnose and treat patients with acute or chronic spine-related symptoms. Order and interpret imaging to include x-rays, CTs, and MRIs. Prescribe medication for management of pain and associated symptoms. Follow-up for medication adherence. Order and interpret urine drug screens for medication compliance.
- Perform therapeutic trigger point, greater trochanteric bursa, occipital nerve block, and intramuscular Toradol injections. Order physical therapy, spine injection therapy, spinal cord stimulator trial/implantation, minimally invasive lumbar decompression and Vertiflex implantation. Remove spinal cord stimulator trial leads. Perform post-operative and post-procedural follow-up visits. Refer for surgical, orthopedic, neurologic and rheumatologic consultation. Provide weekday and weekend on-call services.
|03/2019 - 04/2021
||Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health Center, North Charleston, SC Supervising Physician: Dr. Averill
- Perform general medicine services for inpatient behavioral health patients ages adolescent through geriatric. Obtain comprehensive medical history and perform physical examination on newly admitted patients. Order medication for management of chronic diseases. Work-up and treatment of acute conditions to commonly include infectious diseases, musculoskeletal conditions, management of uncontrolled hypertension and management of uncontrolled diabetes. Order and interpret laboratory tests and imaging studies. Order, perform and interpret rapid strep, influenza and COVID19 tests. Collaborate with behavioral health multidisciplinary team.
ACLS American Heart Association
BLS AHA- Pediatric/Infant, Adult
HIPPA NYS Certification
Infection Control & Barrier Precautions, OSHA NYS Department of Health
Charleston Animal Society (2019-2021)
Systematic Clinical Reviewing Comparing Rate Controlling Agents in Atrial Fibrillation - Graduate Project (2017)